Last night’s main course, which beat the heat by involving no indoor cooking:
- Grilled flank steak with a dry rub, and topped with a Steve Raichlen recipe Chimichurri sauce (recipe like the one below from here, but with carrot instead of onion).
- Grilled zucchini and yellow squash from the farmers market
- Cucumber, yogurt, green onions salad, to cool off the palate.
- 1 large bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, washed, stemmed, and dried
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 5 tablespoons distilled white vinegar or more to taste
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Finely chop the parsley and garlic in a food processor. Add the onion, vinegar, water, salt, oregano, pepper flakes, and black pepper and process in brief bursts until the salt crystals are dissolved. Add the oil in a thin stream. Do not over process; the chimichurri should be fairly coarse. Correct the seasoning, adding salt or vinegar to taste.