My thoughts on education, communication, social media, social justice, effective policy and governance... scattered into large amounts of photography, cooking, music and sports.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
click herefor questions/comments.
Check out my original photography and some favorite recipes
Looking for pizza recipes and reviews? , including my How-To Guide for Grilling Pizza?
Source: Washington Post
March Madness Mascot Trivia
I made this contest for a pizza party at the office today. Let’s see how good you are:
1) Several colleges and universities are built on hilltops, but only one team in the tournament uses that as its mascot. Who are they (and why does their mascot look a bit like Grimace from McDonalds)? _______________________________
2) This year’s tournament has two “Blue” teams (with blue in the name), one is a tournament regular and the other is a solid mid-major. What are the two teams?
3) Michigan State wears Spartans on the front of their jerseys, but so does one other team, that’s a bit closer to home (being DC). Who are they? _______________________________
4) What Midwestern school might have decided that “amber waves of grain” might not be assertive enough, but stuck with similar subject matter? ___________________________________
5) This year’s tournament has a fair bit of wind blowing through it. Name the three schools with these breezy mascots:
6) We’re far from a full moon, but lupine teams show up in several brackets. Can you name the school associated with:
Bona-Wolf __________________________ (I swear I didn’t just make that up).
7) Two schools have “swash-buckling” mascots from out of history/literature..Who are they and what are the mascots?
8) Four schools have variations on the color red in the name of their mascot. (Hint, all four mascots start with “C”). Who are they?
Bonus: Does this year’s tournament have more (pick one):
____ Cats (including big cats) ___ Dogs (including wolves ___ Other Mammals
Congrats to Chris Condon (the first set of correct answers) and Matt Golden (first all correct plus bonus).